The youngest artist to record the official James Bond theme, Billie Eilish says he wrote this heartbreaking song “in three days” with his brother Finneas.
Young American singer Billie Eilish, who triumphed at the last Grammy Awards, unveiled on Friday No Time To Die, the official theme of the next James Bond, expected on screens in April. Aged 18, she is the youngest artist to record an official theme from the British spy saga 007.
This languid and melancholic song, where the murmur of Billie Eilish is accompanied by a stripped piano then by an orchestration of strings in its last part, does not have the attire of an obsessive tube. It is nevertheless perfectly in line with the glamorous Bondian classics that preceded it, notably Adele, Paul McCartney or Shirley Bassey.
“You were never on my side / Fool me once, fool me twice / Are you death or paradise? / Now you'll never see me cry / There's just no time to die“, she sings.
(Embed) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GB_S2qFh5lU (/ embed)
“We wrote it in three days“Billie Eilish told Apple Music, speaking of herself and her brother Finneas O'Connell, who co-writes almost all of the songs in her repertoire.”We had access to part of the script, like the first scene, and we wrote the song immediately “, she said. “We wrote it in three days, in Texas and in the tour bus berth, in the dark. “
The singer with green hair explained in the same interview that once the song was composed, they had worked with the composer Hans Zimmer and the entire orchestra to refine the final version. “There have been many versions“and”we all worked hard“, she added.”Hans was incredibly easy, he's so funny, it was a really good collaborative experience. “
A few hours after it was posted on YouTube, the song already had over 4 million views on the counter.
Billie Eilish has planned to perform No Time To Die world premiere at the Brit Awards on Tuesday 18 February. She will be surrounded for the occasion by her brother Finneas, Hans Zimmer and Johnny Marr, the latter two having composed together the soundtrack for the next James Bond.
The release of the 25th installment of the James Bond saga, baptized Dying can wait in French, is scheduled for April. It is the fifth, and a priori the last time, that Daniel Craig, 51, plays the famous agent 007.
© All Rights Reserved
- Macabre pop, green hair and Tourette syndrome: who is Billie Eilish, the young singer who triumphed at the Grammys?
- VIDEOS. Billie Eilish, Eminem, Janelle Monae: the musical moments that marked the Oscars 2020
- Grammy Awards: Billie Eilish crowned four times, Lizzo awarded for the “best solo pop performance” … Discover the main results
- Chases, shootings and love: the trailer for the next James Bond, “Die can wait”, has been released
- Billie Eilish: listen to her poignant new song “Everything I Wanted”
- With “Bad Guy”, Billie Eilish rises to the top of the American charts in the tube “Old Town Road” by Lil Nas X